Broccoli Soup – Make Ahead Sunday
This is the second week I’m doing this broccoli soup in the morning for breakfast. Last week it really helped satisfy my coffee craving with having something warm and in a mason jar I could sip on in traffic. Plus I think it’s SUPER good! Here is the soup recipe from Primal Gourmet: Broccoli Soup
Egg Roll in a Bowl – Make Ahead Sunday
Some variation of this recipe is all over pinterest. All I did was took a bag of the coleslaw blend in a pan with pork, coconut aminos, beef stock and sauteed until the cabbage was softened and the pork was cooked. This was surprisingly good for how easy this recipe was! I made it Sunday, since I took it to work on Monday for lunch.
Sweet Potato – Dinner Monday
I chose to keep this on the menu for this week to make sure I didn’t have meat at every meal. I didn’t do anything to prep this on Sunday since it’s really just baking this sweet potato in the oven until it’s soft, adding some EVOO, salt and rosemary.
Plantain Chips – GET THESE!!!
These are my new favorite snack! This isn’t really a prep thing other than to make sure it’s on your shopping list!
Chicken Marsala – Prep Some Sunday
To prep this meal I wash the chicken, cut the mushrooms and cut the green onions. Because the chicken needs to be breaded with cassava flour, I didn’t cook the chicken ahead of time. Night of I:
- Coated the chicken in cassava flour
- Fry in a pan until chicken is cooked through and a little crispy
- Remove chicken from pan and add chicken or bone broth, vinegar and mushrooms
- Cook cauliflower rice
- Assemble and enjoy
Kale Chips – Make Ahead Sunday
I ALWAYS make kale chips as part of my meal prep.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Wash and tear off the kale leaves into small pieces
- Make sure Kale is completely dry and lay the leaves out in a single layer on cookie sheet
- Generously coat leaves with EVOO and salt
- Place them in the oven, turning every 10 minutes until they are crispy!
Burgers – Prep Some Sunday
To prep for these burgers, I season the ground beef with coconut aminos, salt, garlic and make them into patties. I slice the onions, chop the mushrooms and make sure I have basil washed and ready to go. Our whole family LOVES these burgers with the sweet potato bun! Night of:
- Thinly slice the sweet potato and throw them on the panini grill (or just sautée in a pan)
- Cook the hamburger patties
- Sautée the mushrooms and caramelize the onions
- Assemble and enjoy!
Bone Broth – Prep if none in freezer
This week I still had some leftover bone broth from last week, but if you don’t you’ll want to make another batch. It’s never a bad thing to have extra chicken or broth around! If you don’t feel like making bone broth, some stores carry some that are AIP Compliant like: Osso Good Bone Broth
Chicken Curry – Dinner Friday
Not much you can do to prep for this since this isn’t for dinner until Friday. In fact if you have frozen chicken, I would leave it in the freezer until Wednesday. I did slice up some onions. To make this:
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces and sautée in a pan with coconut oil
- In a separate pan sautée onions until they start to become soft.
- To the onions add a can of coconut milk, about three cups of chicken or bone broth, a half tablespoon of turmeric and salt
- Combine the chicken with the sauce and serve over cauliflower rice